Friday, June 28, 2013

Yay! Summer Movie Express is...YESTERDAY?!?! Uh-oh!


Yup.  I blew it.  Mom sucks.  This one totally blew up in my face.  BIG TIME!  I have been pumping the boys up for this all week.  I woke up this morning and even made a big deal about it when AJ came in to say good morning.

I didn't realize anything was amiss until I decided to check to see what movies were playing next week when I noticed the line that said "Tuesdays and Wednesdays".  My heart fell.  It's Thursday.  Oh no!

Immediately I dreaded the conversation I was about to have.  I started scrambling for solutions.  How was I going to make up for this?

I grabbed my phone and looked up Redbox.  I searched for Ice Age: Continental Drift (the movie that we were supposed to see).  It was at WALMART!  Suddenly my mind began to clear.  I can do this!  You see, Walmart sells Movie Theater candy for 98¢.


I now had something to bring to the table when I approached my boys.  Granted, I knew it still wouldn't be pretty (and it wasn't), but at least I was trying.

As I figured would happen, AJ cried and G got mad.  It took me ten minutes to calm them down so that they could hear me out.  Unfortunately, that calming down included me walking away and telling them that if they didn't want to hear me out then they could settle for nothing.  Not my proudest moment, but it did the trick.

I took them to Walmart after breakfast and we got all we needed.  We even stopped by Dutch Brothers because Daddy wanted a blended coffee to cool him down.


Overall I think I more than made up for the lack of theater.  They got to see the movie, they got candy (which they probably wouldn't have at the theater) and they got popcorn.  In two weeks we will go and see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and all will be well with the world once again.  So maybe Mom doesn't suck that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment